- Wake Forest (6-0) - Wake barely survived a trip to the Carrier Dome, hopefully squeezing all the juice from the Orange. Deacs get a much-needed week off.
- NC State (4-1) - State was off this weekend. Now they’ll face BC in one of the -grits teeth- premier games of the ACC slate.
- Clemson (3-2) - Tigers had a much-needed bye to get healthy before going to the cursed grounds of the Carrier Dome. Let’s just win this. The ‘Cuse SB Nation blog has a weird Clemson fixation, but it’s probably because they’re jealous of their northern classmates that escaped freezing Upstate New York to go to college in the south and see quality football not played in a dilapidated dome.
- Pitt (4-1) - Pitt also had the weekend off. Now they head to Blacksburg to face a Virginia Tech team coming off of a loss to Notre Dame.
- Boston College (4-1) - BC also enjoyed a week of rest before preparing for their big game with NC State.
- Virginia (4-2) - UVA walked off Louisville with a field goal. Now the Hoos face Duke.
- Virginia Tech (3-2) - The poor Hokies fell just short against Notre Dame. Things don’t get easier as the high-flying Pitt Panthers come to town.
- UNC (3-3) - Mack Brown is 0-11 against FSU as a head coach. The 0-9 in his first stint at UNC makes some sense given how unstoppable those Bobby Bowden teams were, but after losing two straight to some underachieving Noles’ teams, this is starting to feel like a curse. UNC gets Miami this weekend.
- Georgia Tech (3-3) - GT tried their darnedest to give one away to Duke but came out victorious. Now the Jackets have a bye week, giving Tech fans a chance to do their favorite thing: hate-watch the Dawgs and stress over the Braves’ postseason.
- Miami (2-3) - Miami had the weekend off. Canes head to Chapel Hill to face the Heels.
- Louisville (3-3) - Cards lost a tough one against UVA. Hey, guess what, another team with a bye week this week.
- Syracuse (3-3) - Syracuse came close to beating Wake. I am extremely uncomfortable and anxious about our game this Friday. If we lose to Dave Doeren and Dino Babers in the same season I believe I may just evaporate into a steam cloud of rage and bewilderment.
- Florida State (2-4) - FSU beat UNC. Now they play the second-worst team in America, the UMass Minutemen.
- Duke (3-3) - Duke lost a heartbreaker to Tech and now has a bye week. Also, someone paid a million a ticket to see Coach K’s final UNC-Duke game in Cameron this winter, which is truly, as the saying goes, having more dollars than sense.
Good for you, FSU, you look happy and healthy.