It was Military Appreciation Day in Death Valley on Saturday as the Tigers welcomed FCS foe Wofford to town. Clemson did exactly what they were supposed to against a team of this caliber, scoring TDs on their first 3 possessions, while holding the Terriers option offense in check.
With this one being so one sided, we’re just going to do an abbreviated review. It was a pretty vanilla game plan in which the Tigers let their talent go out and make plays against an inferior team. The second quarter begins with Clemson up 21-0, and with the ball, 2nd and 8 at their own 14.
The first play of the 2nd quarter, Travis Etienne goes 86 yards to the house.
Clemson 28 Wofford 0 14:40
- The Terriers’ next drive is 6 plays for 27 yards. They picked up one first down before punting.
- Clemson takes over at their own 17 and goes on a 6-play 83 yard TD drive. The big plays were a 23 yard run by Etienne before Trevor Lawrence finds Tee Higgins for a 22 yard TD reception on the very next play.
Pitch and Catch
Clemson 35 Wofford 0 8:02
- Wofford has just a 3-play drive that ends with an Isaiah Simmons interception
- Set up at the Wofford 12, the Tigers needed just 4 plays to get seven more. This time Lawrence keeps it himself.
Clemson 42 Wofford 0 4:47
- The Terriers run 6 plays but net just 7 yards. The Tiger defense had 4 TFL during the 6 play drive. KJ Henry, Derion Kendrick, Jake Venables, and Baylon Spector all had a TFL.
- The Tigers take over after the punt at their own 39 and just 16 seconds left in the half. They run it twice, picking up 25 yards before time expires.