- One of my favorite things about dominating a matchup against a supposedly good opponent is, besides from going through the opponent’s SBN team site comments, reading the positive media coverage afterwards.
So, for those of you easing yourself into the new workweek, here’s some morning reading material from:
- Clemson is now ranked #2 in both major polls and has picked up some first place votes.
- As we enter Week 4, here’s yet another reminder to NEVER TWEET AT RECRUITS, even if you’re Kirk Herbstreit. Jackson Carman and Kirk Herbstreit had a little beef on twitter last week after Carman suggested that OSU might want to try their backup QB out. Hey, maybe it ever so slightly increases the chances Carman comes to Clemson instead of OSU!
- Speaking of twitter, Xavier Thomas, who has not decomitted, had some good tweets on Saturday.
LAMAR WHOOOOO— Xavier Thomas 1️⃣9️⃣ (@atxlete) September 17, 2017
Taking Ls to schools ♂️— Xavier Thomas 1️⃣9️⃣ (@atxlete) September 17, 2017
- Speaking of teams that lose in football to basketball schools, the Gamecocks were apparently keeping it classy when the captains of both teams met at midfield for the coin toss. Supposedly there was some trash talking going on, but, uh, this is football, so of course there’s going to be trash talking.
Also, USC apparently really thought it was a basketball game because this happened:
- DJ Greenlee suffered a MCL sprain in Saturday night’s game and will miss some time. Van Smith didn’t look 100% with his injury and Marcus Edmond missed the game with his foot injury. Hopefully the starters won’t have to play much against BC this week so they’ll be healthy and rested in what looks to be a top 15 or even top 10 matchup in Blacksburg the week after.
- Speaking of that game, Clemson started off favored by 32.5 points but is now favored by 34 points. No pressure guys.
- Finally, here’s an interesting article about the barbershop in the new football facility.
You better believe I have hot takes from this:
- Dabo was getting his hair cut at Greatclips until relatively recently. So, it’s okay if I get my hair cut there okay people?!
- Apparently this isn’t a free service? I guess this makes sense given the NCAA.
- This lady worked at a Great Clips in the Clemson area and had no idea who Dabo Swinney was a few years ago? Inconceivable.
- They even have national championship branded hair bib things. Awesome.