In honor of Georgia Tech this week I decided this weeks episode of STS Cookin’ should have a peach theme. Despite South Carolina having superior peaches, Georgia turns out some decent ones too. I found an excellent Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake recipe online at Lemon Tree Dwelling. Coffee cake is one of my favorite ways to use fruit in dessert. The cake remains light while providing some substance to it.
Oh and as a special treat I made this one in my silicone Clemson Paw baking pan. A gift from my girlfriend, it needed some use this fall.
2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 1⁄2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
3⁄4 cup Milk
3⁄4 cup Light Brown Sugar
1⁄2 cup Sour Cream
1⁄4 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Sliced Peaches
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
2⁄3 cup Flour
6 tbsp Cold Butter
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
2 1⁄2 tsp Milk
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 or 10 inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon for the coffee cake in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the milk, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, egg, and vanilla on low speed. Mix until creamy. Slowly add the dry ingredients until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the sliced peaches.
- Make the crumble topping by combining the brown sugar and flour. Cut the butter into the dry mix by hand or using two forks. Cut in until the mixture is pebbly.
- Spoon the batter into the springform pan. Sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, crumble will become golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze and then drizzle over the coffee cake.