Dan Radakovich received an extension until June 2022. You can find the official Clemson press release here. The deal raises Radakovich’s salary and contains various incentives based on Clemson’s performance in various sports. If Clemson fires Radakovich, they will owe him one year’s salary. If Radakovich leaves for another job, he will owe Clemson a negligible amount ($125,000).
Not that I’m tuned in much to the logistics and minutia of Clemson Athletics, but my out-of-the-loop opinion is that Radakovich’s tenure so far has been pretty good. Clemson sports seem to be doing pretty well (at least, the most visible ones like Football, Baseball, and Soccer). Basketball is hopefully going to bounce back this year. We’ve gotten major facility upgrades for all three major sports (I think). So, sure, extend the man.
Injury Report for South Carolina
Not too much different on the injury front. Fruhmorgen is still out indefinitely. He is still dealing with personal family issues.
I’m not sure where Tigernet gets their injury report since it doesn’t even mention Jalen Williams, who they did a short blurb about, but here’s their injury report. Baker, Fruhmorgen and Pagano are all still out. Trayvon Mullen is questionable.
Jalen Williams is also dealing with an injury issue. It’s something to do with his knee. It doesn’t seem like an sort of major issue, but his playing status for this weekend is unknown.
- Old friend Chad Morris seems to be a serious candidate for the Baylor job. Best of luck to him! He’d be a great fit there. He’d probably be pretty good at Texas too, but they’ll definitely want someone with a proven track record.
- It’s almost that time of the year again. Sports Illustrated had two Tigers in their mock draft. Mike Williams was at #6 overall to the Bengals and Deshaun Watson was at #18 to... the Browns. Womp womp. Deshone Kizer was the first QB taken in this mock at #2 overall, which, okay, really? Also, I think Carlos Watkins has a good shot at being taken in the first round or at the very least on Day 2 with a strong combine showing. He feels like one of those under the radar picks that will turn out to be pretty good.
- Will Muschamp with the controversial hot take on Thanksgiving:
Will Muschamp: "Thanksgiving is a meal. It’s not a day." Gamecocks will practice in morning.— Josh Kendall (@JoshatTheState) November 22, 2016
To be fair to Mr. Crazy Psycho Man, I’m sure most teams are still doing practices or something on Thanksgiving. In fact, I hear this entire professional football league always plays a few games on Thanksgiving on purpose.
- Congratulations to the men’s soccer team for coming back late to beat South Carolina in overtime in the NCAA tournament. They advance to the Sweet Sixteen to face Albany!
You can see the highlights here.
- Deshaun Watson and Jordan Leggett are finalists for the O’Brien and Mackey award, respectively. I don’t think either will win (Lamar would have to epically collapse or maybe commit a heinous crime to lose) but congratulations to them on a free trip to the awards ceremony.