Casseroles can be the greatest or worst things made for dinner. When done right they can be as succulent as a wheel route to C.J. Spiller, but when bad they leave a taste as bad as an Orange Bowl defeat. This recipe trends towards the former, and is a simple way to get some meat and potatoes in your guests. This is a family recipe that has evolved over the past couple years, but you can find several variations around the internet.
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cubed (1″)
6-8 medium skin on red potatoes, cut in 1/2″ cubes
1/3 c olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp hot sauce of your choice
2 cup fiesta blend cheese
1 cup crumbled bacon
1 cup diced green onio
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
3. Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish..
4. Bake the potatoes and chicken for 55-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy, and browned on the outside. While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (about half a pound).
5. Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cooked potatoes with the the cheese, bacon, and green onion. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.