This is a live post, and will remain on the left-hand sidebar to keep track of our current numbers. Below is the year-by-year breakdown of scholarships, which must be set at 85 in August. Only 25 maximum new enrollees for Fall per signing class. If we have made a mistake, please let us know, we want it to be as accurate as possible.
|QB (6)||Tajh Boyd*
|RB (4)||Andre Ellington*||Roderick McDowell*||D.J. Howard*||Zac Brooks|
|TE (6)||Brandon Ford*||Darrell Smith*||Sam Cooper*||Eric MacLain*
Jay Jay McCullough
|WR (9)||Jaron Brown*||Deandre Hopkins||Sammy Watkins
|OT(6)||Brandon Thomas*||Gifford Timothy*||Shaq Anthony*
|OG(7)||Tyler Shatley*||David Beasley*
|C(3)||Dalton Freeman*||Ryan Norton*
|DE(8)||Malliciah Goodman||Tavaris Barnes*
|LB (11)||Jonathan Willard*
|Safety (6)||Rashard Hall*
|Corner (7)||Xavier Brewer*||Darius Robinson
|PK (3)||Spencer Benton*||Chandler Catanzaro||Ammon Lakip*|
|Specialists (2)||Philip Fagjenbaum||Michael Sobeski|
|Totals (85)||11||14||29||31 (14 RS*)|
*-has had a redshirt year.
***-transfer and must redshirt in 2012
Players in RED are redshirting in 2012, injury or otherwise. Blue denotes walk-ons or former walk-ons on scholarship.
-As of today, there are walk-ons on scholarship, such as the long snapper Philip Fajgenbaum. He went on in August of last year. I would not be surprised if a preferred walk-on got a spare spot either, like Colquitt. Safety transfer Jerrod Williams is likely to get one as well.
- Matt Sanders is on scholarship as of today as best we can tell. I do not expect him back with the team, so I have left him off.
- Walls may or may not be a FB/H in the system, might need to be grouped with TEs.
- We've put guys roughly where they should be, but you have to make a guess for the tweener DBs we signed. Cortez Davis likely slides up behind Hall to start, but could move back to CB. Blanks will start at CB and might end up at FS. You just have to make the best reckoning.
- Per NCAA rules, you must maintain the roster at 85 in August in Div 1. If you drop below 85 when classes begin, due to transfers or not qualifying players, you have to give the extra scholarship to someone. That can be a late signee or a walk-on. If you don't give it to one, you actually lose that scholarship for one year.
- As of today, I would not be expecting a large class of signees in 2013. It will probably be around 15-16 to account for losses. You can see above what the immediate needs will be: Safety, CB, RB, LB, and DE. More attrition along the front, such as DT, would possibly push the signee total to 20.
As of March 6, Colton Walls has decided to give up football.
As of April 11, Oklahoma LB Kellen Jones has transferred to Clemson, he will sit this year on a RS and have 3 to play.
As of May 15, Mike Bellamy has flunked out of CU and will attend a JUCO.
As of June 7, DT Josh Brown has been placed at Hargrave Military for the fall semester. He's expected to enroll in January.
As of June 14, DB Marty Williams has failed to qualify and will attend a JUCO.
As of June 27, DB Cordrea Tankersley failed to get the ACT score required and will attend Hargrave. He is expected to enroll in January.
As of July 11, Josh Brown asked for and was granted a release from his LOI to enroll at Marshall University. He can get in there without spending a semester at Hargrave.
- Corico Hawkins has taken his father's last name of Wright.
- At ACC Media gathering, Dabo said we're at 82 in July, meaning he has given out to walk-ons already. CB Dante Stewart, QB Donny McElveen, and LS Mike Sobeski are now on scholarship. Here are all walk-ons who are eligible for scholarships:
S Jerrodd Williams - RS Jr., likely
Sam Van Gieson
Steven Young - likely
- August 9, Jerome Maybank moved to Guard from DT.
- August 16, the NCAA Clearinghouse rejected Shaq Lawson's final coursework. He will attend Hargrave.
- August 22, walk-ons Matt Porter and Wes Forbush were given scholarships for 2012.
-August 29, verified that DE Collins Mauldin and Safety Taylor Watson are on scholarship for 2012.