Beating Wake Forest at Littlejohn isn't anything to write home about . We've already discussed Wake's ineptitude here. But Saturday's win was significant because it has now guaranteed the Tigers of finishing ACC play with at least an 8-8 record. After changing coaches and systems, losing Trevor Booker to graduation, and having two scholarship players quit mid-season, I think most people would've been extremely satisfied if you told them the Tigers would finish .500 or better this year.
- Clemson won this game on the defensive end. The Tigers led Wake by 13 at halftime after holding Wake to 20 first half points on 24% shooting.
- The Tigers forced 11 first half turnovers.
- Devin Booker pulled down 10 boards. That's the most rebounds he has recorded since January 22. I thought he showed effort and aggressiveness in his rebounding.
- 9 first half turnovers. It seemed at times we were attempting to match Wake turnover for turnover.
- Offensive aggressiveness in the 2nd half. We were up 13 at the half and the game never seemed in doubt, but the 2nd half was missing a "foot on the throat" type of aggressiveness. We only attempted 4 second half free throws, which shows that we didn't attack the basket. I was hoping to see us come out and play a solid second half and win this game going away by 30.
- The matchup. There is nothing glamorous about playing Wake Forest this year. The players don't get hyped, the fans don't get hyped, and the RPI will take a hit even after a win. It's a game that you won't get much credit for winning, but a game that you absolutely cannot afford to lose.
PLAY THE MARCH TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND YOU COULD WIN A TRIP FOR TWO TO LAS VEGAS! LOOK FOR THE CODE INSIDE SPECIALLY-MARKED PACKAGES 12-PACKS OF BUD LIGHT ENTER CODE AT FACEBOOOK.COM/BUDLIGHT ----- No Purchase Necessary. Open to U.S. residents (except CA & TX) 21+. For a chance to win a Grand or First Prize, Game Period 1 begins 3PM CST on 2/14 & ends 3PM CDT on 3/18. For a chance to win a First Prize only, Game Period 2 begins 3:00:01PM CDT on 3/18 & ends 3PM CDT on 4/30. To participate, obtain a Code from inside specially-marked packages of Bud Light beer or to request a Code without purchase, visit budlight.com/freecode during a Game Period. Limit one (1) free Code request/day/person or email address. To play, text HOOPS to BEERS (23377) & follow prompts or visit budlight.com/freecode & follow instructions. See Official Rules inside package or at budlight.com/freecode for complete details. Void in CA, TX & where prohibited. Enjoy Responsibly – ©2011 Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Bud Light® Beer, St. Louis, MO