Sponsored by the Raycom Maryland blog we'll be ranking the ACC teams each week. Feel free to complain and argue with how we rank 'em. Now that we have a first few games of ACC play, we know better how to rate them. Week 7's ballot was the same as week 6.
1. Duke - waxed Clemson on their home court, and won their 3rd game in a week. Pretty hard to make a case for anyone else to take this spot at the moment. Three players: Jon Scheyer, Kyle Singler and Nolan Smith are averaging more than 15 ppg.
2. UNC - faces CofC today in Charleston, and should handle them well. They've pounded the non-conference competition the last two weeks. They line up with VT next weekend.
3. Wake Forest - up from 6th in the power poll due to wins over NC State, Xavier and de facto ACC member UNC-Greensboro.
4. FSU - Solomon Alabi will give Trevor Booker fits. Pounded their non-con competition recently and beat GT on the road.
5. VT - Iowa, Penn State and Seton Hall have all fallen to Seth Greenberg's squad so far.
6. Clemson - weak showing against SC State and then thrashed by Puke.
7. Georgia Tech - not far from being unbeaten but lost to FSU at home in OT. Play Georgia next, then Duke next weekend.
8. NC State - lost on a total fluke to Florida, so I cant hold it against them. Lost to Wake. Lost to Arizona in Tuscon. Potential ACC sleeper.
9. Miami - weak schedule but have beaten BC. We'll know when they play Wake Forest saturday.
10. Maryland - lost to William & Mary at home, who also beat Wake Forest earlier, but have lost to their quality competition so far: Cinci, "Nova, Wisconsin.
11. UVA - bad.
12. BC - Losing to URI is forgivable, but Harvard and Maine, hell no. A win over UMass and a pitiful SC team doesnt improve them in my eyes.
Argue as you see fit.