Here's a funny question to ask your favorite Gamecock fan: which team will play in the Sugar Bowl first, SC or Clemson? I think we may get the answer to that question in early December.
As it stands if the season ended today, here's how the BCS selection process would probably go:
- National Championship game: Alabama vs. Kansas State
- Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Notre Dame
- Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Nebraska
- Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Clemson or Oregon St
- Orange Bowl: Florida St vs. Louisville
It is possible that the Fiesta would pass on Notre Dame, but not likely IMO.
It is more likely that Oregon passes Kansas St for the NC game, in which case the dynamics of the whole process changes.
If Oklahoma loses one more time - and Texas does not move up into the top 14 - then it doesn't matter, the Sugar will end up selecting Clemson to play Georgia, most likely.
Did I miss something, or do Tiger fans need to be pulling for the Sooners to lose again? Check my logic in this article on ACCFootballRx: Who does the ACC need to lose in week 11?