• We won by 24 points. Really. Although it looked like we might lose by that much, we didn’t.
o The team turned it around, scored, and stopped the opponent. We totally outplayed them in the 2nd half. This was a tale of two teams, and thankfully the second one showed up.
• Watkins – you couldn’t ask for much more than 7 catches, 81 yds and a TD. Swinney said he’s the best freshman he’s ever seen, and took plenty of flak for it. Watkins did not disappoint.
• Price – there was a lot of doubt about whether or not he could get it done at LT. He was not the problem.
• Boyd’s second half - 11-for-13 for 142 yards, 2 TD. A GIGANTIC turnaround from his first half, which will be discussed below.
• FG kicking – Catanzaro hits 3 for 3 from 46, 46, and 45 yards.
• Changing to quick hitting pass plays in the second half, largely negating the OL pass blocking issues.
• Not a lot of penalties, only 2 for 10 yards.
• No fumbles lost.
• Ellington. 18 carries, 112 yards. Considering the crappy blocking, that is pretty darn good.
• Execution of the zone read. If that is the basis of our offense, we are going to have a problem.
• Missed PAT. You have got to be effing kidding me.
• Defensive coverage on flares, flat passes, and WR screens. They chewed us up with those repeatedly.
• The entire first half offense.
• Most of the first half defense. Disoriented, confused, shoved around.
• Run blocking. Horrific. Ellington can’t be "the guy" if he is slammed on the handoff because of matador blocks.
• Speaking of matador blocks, McClain.
• Running 2 consecutive 5 wide QB runs on the goalline, and turning it over on downs. Come on Chad, give it to the runningback.
• Boyd in the first half. Absolutely horrible, bad decisions, holding the ball, taking sacks, throwing into coverage.