This is a live post, and will remain on the left-hand sidebar to keep track of our current numbers. Below is the year-by-year breakdown of scholarships, which must be set at 85 in August. Only 25 maximum new enrollees for Fall per signing class. If we have made a mistake, please let us know, we want it to be as accurate as possible.
Below, we are not counting the walk-ons we feel may not be renewed.
|QB (4)||Tajh Boyd*||Cole Stoudt
|RB (5)||Andre Ellington*||Roderick McDowell*||Demont Buice*
|FB (2)||Chad Diehl*||Colton Walls|
|TE (6)||Drew Traylor*||Dwayne Allen*
|Darrell Smith*||Sam Cooper*
|Jaron Brown*||Bryce McNeal*
|Brandon Thomas*||Gifford Timothy*
|Tyler Shatley*||Josh Watson*
|Malliciah Goodman||Corey Crawford
|LB (11)||Daniel Andrews||Jonathan Willard*
|Safety (7)||Kantrell Brown (ST)||Carlton Lewis*
|Corner (7)||Coty Sensabaugh||Xavier Brewer*||Darius Robinson
|PK (3)||Spencer Benton*||Chandler Catanzaro||Ammon Lakip|
|Totals (85)||16||14||13||42 (15 RS*)|
*-has had a redshirt year.
- DB Mansa Joseph, DE Chris Richardson, OL Caleb Simmons, and DB Kantrell Brown are current scholarship walk-ons that may not have their scholarships renewed, so for the time being I have left them off.
- Fowler is someone they are high on, has a kid and a wife, supposedly works hard, and I doubt they take him off. Price is on the 2-deep, so he will definitely not come off, nor should he.
- Catanzaro is a likely scholarship addition but its not definite.
- We expect Battle to be a placement at Fork Union. Dodd may be placed at Hargrave. Seckinger is technically a grayshirt for Jan 2012 who may be asked to come in this summer, so he is not definite to the 85. Morgan Roberts is a grayshirt and I'll add him if and when the staff invites him in, he's slated for Jan 2012. Note: As of June 19th, we know that Dodd has not qualified. Seckinger has been asked to come in, as has Roberts.
- Brandon Clear has his degree, since December. Its not definite that he will be back. As of Feb 21st we hear he will leave Clemson.
- I've put Maybank at DT only because the staff promised him he'd start out there. I think he's an OG.
- Per NCAA rules, you must maintain the roster at 85 in August in Div 1. If you drop below 85 when classes begin, due to transfers or not qualifying players, you have to give the extra scholarship to someone. That can be a late signee or a walk-on. If you don't give it to one, you actually lose that scholarship for one year.
- At this time, one would expect us to sign at least 16 in 2012, but likely somewhere around 18 to account for losses.
- As of May 24, Spencer Adams will be going off scholarship in August to devote his time to track. We currently expect Battle and Dodd to be going to Prep School as of now, but they are being left on the list. Morgan Roberts was asked to enroll in August and we have put him on.
- June 19 - removed Dodd and Battle.
-June 20 - Added Kantrell Brown, a walk-on, who is expected to contribute solely to special teams.
-July 24 - OG Tyler Fowler, a walk-on who was on scholarship, has left the team. We expect Catanzaro to get his.
- August 4th - Catanzaro has been given the extra scholarship and Joe Craig will remain with team, but not report until school starts.