Not much to write about today until I get to the weekend wrapup and Tournament preview later, but a few interestings links found so far. Kyle Parker made 1st team All-ACC baseball, with Schaus and Freeman on the 2nd team today.
CRY ME A RIVER: Paul Finebaum and Phil Steele blasted for not putting Stephen Garcia on the preseason All-SEC lists, when they thought more of John Brantley and Cam Newton. OMG the OUTRAGE. Who in their right mind wouldn't put Garcia on the All-SEC list? He should be 1st team don't you know, and it ruins their claim for offseason national champs. Finebaum is wrong on him being the worst SEC QB ever....Blake Mitchell was worse than Stevie.
In case you haven't heard, Garcia was omitted from Phil Steele's four-deep pre-season All-SEC team while John Brantley of Florida and Cameron Newton of Auburn, neither of when has done much in their careers except sit on the bench or excel at the junior college level, were named to the third and fourth teams, respectively.
Moreover, well known sports talk show host Paul Finebaum, who fancies himself a buddy of Spurrier, blasted Garcia recently as the "worst quarterback in the history of the SEC" on his national show broadcast on XM Radio.
- More Phil Steele: He has his preseason teams rolling out this week, Clemson puts a few up there. Jarvis Jenkins and DMac made 1st team Defense.
- More expansion stuff: Tony Barnhardt discusses why the SEC can't ignore what the Big Ten does with expansion. They are already raking in $5 mil per team more each year than the sEcSPN network. Further, The State has an article on how the Big Ten has to learn from the ACC's mishandling of expansion.
- WOO SPRING BALL: ACCSports.com has a spring overview for UNC up, as well as Maryland. I don't pay much attention to spring reports but since there ain't jack else to read...
- Baseball: Sawchik talks about the Clemson baseball team's defense and how its improved, but I don't so much see it. You take out Brad Miller and you have a fair defensive team, and that didnt happen til this past weekend. We still made 3 errors in game 1 and another in game 3 as I recall. Actually the defense sucked when we went 17-2, then we got better defensively while we were losing, and now that its turned around with W's we are making more errors. LW talks about the FSU sweep with Leggett here.
- Basketball: Greg Wallace also talks about Brownell's rough start in recruiting, with Thornton gone to UGA, Korncoot/Philpott costing us Holloway, and us (allegedly) slipping a little with Damien Leonard. I fail to see why Leonard would be so high on Ron Bradley as a recruiter. Paul Biancardi talks about the ACC's recruiting during this cycle here.
- Gaines Adams: Etta-Etta Tawo was lost to us because of a heart condition, and he played on the same team with Gaines Adams. Strange how they caught his and not Gaines'. Etta reflects on the loss of Adams in this Greg Wallace piece.
- Recruiting: ESPN Video of Clemson commitment Marlin Lane. Screw you ESPN for not making it embeddable.
- WTF: The ACC wasn't using HD TV in the booth before, but are now. So that explains the Maryland fumble.